Friday, September 24, 2010

CRIT 5 - 6 September 2010

1. Interior Architecture:
This category was a mission to do. I phoned how many guest houses and hotels to ask if I can shoot there interior and they just say 'NO' or they have so many excuses. But it sounded like they thought I will use the images and publish them in some magazine or newspaper. So I decided to go to the hotels and show them that I'm only a student and it's for an assignment. Then only did they agreed to let me shoot there interior.

The Oyster Box Hotel - Library

2. Exterior Architecture:
Here I had the same problem as for the above assignment. The first place I went to, they gave me a date to go and shoot there exterior and it was a horrible hazy day. So that image was just horrendous! I waited a couple of days later for the perfect day and we must shoot the exterior only in dusk, which was kind of a hard thing to do because in September its windy and cloudy at that time of the day! I decided to go shoot one of the hotels along the beach and it came out pretty rad. 

Suncoast Hotel & Towers
3. Perfume Ad:
(This was an online crit assignment that we got and was pretty cool to do.) 
Background - I used a rose but with a different angle of view. I also did it in my favorite style, Macro! Then I did a hue blending mode to change the rose from red to a pink-ish colour.
Bottle - We didn't get a studio booking for the perfume ad so I made a little studio at home. I used only two light sources, a back light and a light on top with two reflectors.
Slogan - This was hard, I just looked at the image one day and it just came to me, "Unleash your Femininity".

Black XS for Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment